Infection Control Statement
We strive to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness at all times and offer a safe environment to our patients, visitors and staff.
Here at Cranleigh Medical Practice, we are proud of our building and the services it homes. We aspire to keep it clean and well maintained at all times.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control, please report these to our patient services team or visit our Feedback page.
Our GPs and nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure the care we deliver and the equipment we use is safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards:
- Carry out an annual infection control audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- We provide regular staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control.
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to reduce or remove all infection risk.
- Use washable or disposable materials for items such as couch rolls, chairs and beds, modesty curtains, etc., and ensure that these are cleaned or changed frequently to minimise risk of infection.
We have taken extra measures to make sure our environment is in alignment with Covid regulations:
- Our facilities are cleaned every day and throughout the day in areas that are considered higher risk.
- We ask all patients and visitors, as well as our staff, to wear facemasks at all times (unless you are exempt), while inside the building.
- Perspex sheets have been placed on our front desk to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
- All patient facing staff are provided with the correct PPE.
- Alcohol Hand Rub Gel is available throughout the building